So the holidays are gone and you were lucky enough to have a wonderful time together with your friends, family, and loved ones. Now that all of your guests have returned to their homes and your place no longer resembles a restaurant/hotel, it is time to put on your cleaning gloves and start the dreadful clean-up. We know this is the last thing you want to do, but you cannot step on your dirty floors and carpets until spring cleaning!
So you definitely need to plan the post holiday clean-up and take your home back. Here are a few motivational ideas that should persuade you to start cleaning today, as well as a few top notch ideas on how to get started and what to do.
Why Do You Need To Clean Your Carpets After The Holidays?
- If your home hosted the New Year’s Eve party, or you celebrated Christmas or a different holiday in your living room, chances are you are now dealing with a lot of drink and food spills. Unfortunately, they are all too common during holiday events. But the catch is the longer spots remain on a carpet, the more likely they are to turn into dreadful stains. Spots can be usually removed with ease. On the other hand, stains will discolor carpet fibers and are therefore more difficult to get rid of. The sooner you will handle those fresh spots, the more headache you will be able to avoid later on.
- Soiled carpets in combination with moist, grease and oil will collect further shoe bottoms and spread the soiling. You might think that solely wiping the spills during a holiday event will take care of the problem. In reality, according to professional carpet cleaners, blotting is the right way to remove a spot.
- Plus, not all soiling is clearly visible on the spot. If you will wait until it becomes apparent, you will have waited too long and removing it will be even more difficult.
How To Clean Your Carpets After The Holiday Events
- Ideally, you would have cleaned those spills during the New Year’s Eve party by blotting them out with the help of a clean, white cloth. It is not advisable to rub or wipe them. You are allowed to gently rub the affected area once you have blotted it. Use warm water and some dishwasher liquid.
- Rely on hot water carpet extractors in case you are dealing with excessive spotting. The cleaning chemicals tend to work better this way. Deep steam cleaning systems for carpets are usually expensive and more difficult to use by the untrained homeowner. This is why it is recommended to hire a professional steam cleaning service in town and let the experts handle everything for you.
- If you live in a big city like New York, you are in luck. There are plenty of reliable and quality cleaning services for carpets that use deep steam cleaning. Companies like NYC Steam Cleaning for example focus on providing eco-friendly cleaning services, so you can give them a call if you are interested in protecting the environment and your own well-being.
- You can also try the alternative of a cold-water system and an extractor. This procedure uses water more efficiently and does not use as much electricity. The better the carpet extractor, the better it will recycle the cleaning solution.
- Of course vacuuming the carpets or cleaning them using dry cleaning methods are also common solutions. The dry cleaning method relies on encapsulation. This means vacuuming the carpet in order to remove loose soil, then applying a pre-spray to help loosen deep soil. Next, the encapsulation powder is sprinkled on and brushed in. It needs to stay in for at least 20 minutes. The encapsulation powder will attract the dirt, which will be vacuumed up.
- If you do not have the necessary chemicals needed for the dry or wet cleaning methods, you will do a poor quality job. And you will most likely need to hire a carpet cleaning company to re-do the job.
Why Should You Rely On NYC Steam Cleaning?
- Carpets collect dirt, bacteria, dust mites and allergens on a regular basis, let alone after a lot of foot traffic during an event with lots of guests.
- These contaminants pollute the quality of the air, with damaging effects on the long-term for all household members, and with special emphasis on children who suffer from asthma, allergies and other health problems.
- Carpets that appear to be clean may be a lot dirtier than you think. So having an expert evaluate and have them clean periodically is a must if you care for your well-being, comfort, and carpets.
- The NYC Rug Cleaning technicians are trained in IICRC-approved cleaning methods. They are up-to-date with the latest and best carpet cleaning methods in the industry. They have many certifications that make them the most suitable for the job in the New York area. So don’t hesitate to give them a call at 1-888-245-1199 and get a free quote today!