With the holidays coming closer or a big anniversary or work promotion lining up, there’s a lot of party planning to do. That is, if you intend to celebrate the big event by throwing an electrifying home party your guests will remember for a long time. Chances are, you will spend weeks in a row making calls, sending out invitations, planning the menu or looking for the best caterer in town, buying party decorations and creating the music playlist… need we say more? There are loads of things on that to-do list to make your home look and feel party-worthy. After all, you live in the city that never sleeps, and people here sure know how to party. Thus, if you want to rise to their expectations and make your wild party the topic for the watercooler talk at the office the next day, you will need to give it your best shot.
But what about the party aftermath? When the boogie woogie is over and you wake up to a home full of broken glass, melted candle wax, beer and wine stains on the carpets, floor scuffs, and water rings all over the place. Definitely not what you could have hoped for, but it’s the price to pay for that awesome party. Getting thank you texts from your guests the next day will make the sight of all the dirt and broken furniture easier to digest. Now all you are left to do is get rid of that raging hangover and take back your home as soon as possible.
Feeling overwhelmed? The good news is that you can do it without going out of your way. NYC Steam Cleaning is your go-to cleaning company in the big city. We are the number one organic cleaners in town and we can quickly make your home look sparkling clean after the messiest of parties! In the meanwhile, here are some useful tips on how to get rid of the signs of your big party using healthy cleaning alternatives.
How To Whip Your Home Into Shape In No Time After The Big Party
You are not the only person to have ever thought about throwing a home party – and having to clean the place up at the end of it. In fact, so many people have done it before you that there is an entire compilation of tips, advice, and recommendations on how to clean up a house without too much hassle. Here are a few quick and smart solutions for the most common after-party problems you will deal with:
- Wooden furniture can get easily damaged by water rings. No need to panic when this happens during your party. Let your guests enjoy themselves and don’t stress them out with your coasters all night long. The next day, you can simply rub some non-gel toothpaste onto the water rings, then buff the area using a clean cloth and voila! Your wooden table will look as good as new!
- Scuffs on the polyurethane hardwood floors are usually a result of an improvised dance floor your guests decided to make in the middle of your living room. No worries, there is a quick solution for this. Buff the scuffs by rubbing the area using a soft cloth. You can also use a dab of floor cleaner for better results and your floors should look brand new. And if this solution fails, you can always call professional cleaners who can clean your hardwood floors in no time.
- Shattered glass everywhere? Yet another common occurrence during home parties. The small, broken glass pieces could harm you and the kids/pets long after the party is over. Broken glass usually embeds in the carpet fibers. Walking around barefoot and stepping on the pieces of broken glass will result in obvious problems. To prevent this from happening, sweep up as much of the glass as you can using a dustpan and a brush. Next, use slices of bread to clean up the smaller shards that may be still lingering on the floor. Wrap the bread in a piece of paper and throw it away.
- Red wine carpet stains can be cleaned with the help of stain-removing solutions or leftover beer. Rub a few drops of beer into a stain and you should be able to remove it in no time.
- Melted wax stains on a dining table can be handled with the help of ice cubes placed in plastic bags. Leave the bags on the wax stains and watch it become brittle. You should then be able to use a kitchen spatula or a credit card and peel it off.
No Time To Deep Clean The Home?
- If you simply do not have the time or energy to try out the previous tricks, you can always hire professional cleaners that serve the New York area. Opt for a company that works 24/7 and handles all sorts of emergencies, including cleaning up after a home flood or a small fire. Who knows what might happen during your party!
- It is more advisable to have someone whose job is to use the best cleaning tools and supplies and restore your home to its original shape in no time. Moreover, it is better to rely on pros who know exactly what they are doing and can handle everything at once, instead of struggling to clean up your place by yourself, one room at a time.
- Services like NYC Steam Cleaning cater to the needs of New York residents and all of their residential cleaning needs. We only use environmentally-friendly cleaning supplies because we like to see beyond the need for a home to look sparkling clean. We also care about the health, safety, and physical integrity of our clients, their family and the rest of the household members, pets included. That is why we only rely on organic products that will not flare up any allergies or cause any damage to the skin, lungs, or the immune system.
- We specialize in the entire range of residential cleaning services and we can make your hardwood floors, tile and grout, furniture and even mattresses regain their original shape after a wild home party.
Get in touch with us at (888)-245-1199, ask for a free quote or set up an appointment for your after party clean up needs in advance. Or call us the morning after, we’ll be glad to help!