Having a mess-free house while raising children is not impossible. In fact, it is more doable than you might think. That feeling that you are having – that you cannot keep your house clean no matter how hard you’d try – is just that, a feeling. It is not the palpable reality. Sure the kids will go ahead and leave their regular trails of crumbs on the carpets as soon as you will be done dusting off the place. And the dogs will carry in the garden dirt on their paws. It’s inevitable. But you needn’t shoot out flames out of your ears every time your children drop something on the floor. There are plenty of healthy home and carpet cleaning solutions you can use – and lots of smart ways of changing things around to simplify things.
Want A Clean House All The Time? Change Your Mindset!
There are plenty of solutions that will allow you to live in a mess-free home. You just need to put your mind to it – or, better said, change some of your old ways of thinking:
- Start by de-cluttering. Get rid of all the bulky items lying around on your carpets and floors that are nothing but tripping hazards.
- Do not buy any new stuff unless it’s a holiday or birthday.
- Set up a few house rules for picking up toys and clothes.
- And, most importantly, set up designated play areas around the house.
What You Need To Know About Carpet Cleaning Chemicals
- Not all carpet cleaners are the same. Some chemicals in them are more dangerous and harmful than others, when they are not completely removed from the carpets. Oftentimes, cleaning a carpet means having some chemicals left in the carpet. A solution would be to hire professional carpet cleaning services like the ones we provide at NYC Steam Cleaning. We specialize in organic carpet cleaning services that are harmless for children and pet. We can get you rid of a lot of headache, trying to figure out which cleaning products are the safest, or how to use them properly.
- The use of too much (or a wrong) chemical to clean your carpets could cause damage to it. This is especially true if the cleaning agent contains optical brighteners or high alkaline or acid pH.
- Look for carpet cleaning chemicals that do not contain any organic compounds or VOCs. These are emitted as gases from certain cleaning solutions. Their short or long term effects on the human health range from eye and nose or throat irritation to liver and kidney damage.
- Stay away from cleaning supplies that contain optical brighteners. These are specialized dyes found in carpet-cleaning chemicals whose purposes is to make the carpet look brighter. They can cause the carpet to yellow on the long term, and they are also not the healthiest cleaning products for your kids and pets.
- Avoid carpet cleaning solutions that contain phenols. They are a very common ingredient in many cleaning products. They can be absorbed by the lungs and skin and trigger kidney and liver damage or caustic burns, if they get into direct contact with the skin. Phenols also cause hyperactivity, so if your small children or pets are showing signs of this condition, they may have been exposed to phenols.
- Formaldehyde should also be avoided. It is used as a preservative in a lot of household products. It is suspected carcinogen and harmful for people who suffer from asthma, especially small children. Repeated exposure to formaldehyde increases a person’s chemical sensitivity.
Use Organic Alternatives And Keep Your Kids&Pets Safe
Thanks to the numerous organic alternatives you now have to the harmful chemical products on the market, you have no reason to keep endangering your kids and pets when cleaning up.
- Buy biodegradable and non-flammable products that are made from natural ingredients.
- Pick up organic cleaning supplies that do not contain any chemical preservatives or dye, bleach, chlorine, nitrates, ammonia, or volatile organic compounds.
- You can also make your own eco-friendly cleaning products with the help of the most common pastry products, including vinegar, baking soda, lemon, and salt. Did you know that vinegar is a mild organic acid that kills 99 percent of bacteria when sprayed around the house?
- You can also rely on organic cleaning services like the ones provided by NYC Steam Cleaning. We use products that are asthma and allergy friendly according to certification issued by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America in partnership with the international research organization Allergy Standards Limited.
- We are the number one organic cleaning service in New York and we can help you maintain a sanitary environment without jeopardizing the health of your household’s members.
- We provide an all-natural alternative to carpet cleaning. We can not only sanitize your carpets, but also offer thorough cleaning that will eradicate all harmful chemical fumes and residue. And we will do this without you having to worry about the effects of our cleaning supplies on the health of your children and pets.
Keep in mind that going green will not only protect your health and the health of your loved ones, but it will also keep the environment safe, with long-term effects on our planet. Give us a call today and set up an appointment to make your carpets look brand new, risk-free!