No matter how often you might try to dust and shine your wooden furniture, the sad truth is that, in time, all the polishing products mixed with the dust will eventually leave a dark film on your precious tables, chairs, and shelves. If you are the proud owner of some gorgeous and expensive family-inherited furniture items, the last thing you want to do is see them perish and lose their spark beneath your own eyes.
Not to worry; if you are truly determined to take the matter into your own hand and do something to better protect and maintain your furniture, you have every chance of succeeding. Start by setting up a periodic deep cleaning ritual and sticking to it. If you are not sure how to begin and what to do, these next few lines should come in handy.
How To Clean Wood Furniture Without Damaging Its Finish
- Start by dusting the furniture in order to remove any surface dirt.
- Next, remove light soiling by using the gentlest furniture cleaner, and gradually moving on to some more powerful cleaners.
- It is a good idea to mix a solution of water and dishwashing soap. Use it to wipe all of your furniture by dipping a soft cloth in this mix. You will need to use a damp cloth – make sure the cloth is not wet.
- It is a bad idea to try to saturate the wood; be careful about the amount of cleaning solution you use at a time, and rinse it very often. With the help of a second, clean cloth, dry the piece of furniture.
Tip: If you are not sure which cleaning products would work best on your furniture, without causing any damage to it on the short or long term, it is best to hire a professional cleaning company that handles furniture cleaning. NYC Steam Cleaning specializes in a wide array of residential and commercial cleaning services, including furniture cleaning. They can clean any type of upholstery on the market, including Jacquard or velvet. They can effectively remove stains, restore original colors, and revive any upholstery using the most suitable furniture cleaning method. They also provide deodorizer services and stain-resistant protective coating services.
How To Effectively Remove Stains From Wood Furniture
- Old polish stains and water stains are some of the most stubborn and frustrating types of problems most furniture owners deal with.
- If you are dealing with decades’ old buildup of polish, you can get rid of it by doing the following: steep two tea bags in boiling water and let the tea cool to room temperature. Take a soft cloth and wring it out in the tea until it becomes damp. Next, wash the wood with it. Thanks to the tannic acids from the tea, your wood will be clean and shiny, and you will maintain it clean a lot simpler.
- If you need to get rid of pesky water ring stains, apply non-gel toothpaste on the spot and use a soft cloth to rub the stain until it is gone. Use a mix made of equal parts of toothpaste and baking soda if you are dealing with really old and stubborn water stains. Use a damp cloth to wipe the paste off and remember to dry thoroughly. Do not risk getting new stains on your furniture!
- If your old wooden desk is covered in ink marks, you can mix one tablespoon of baking soda with one teaspoon of water. Apply the paste to the stain and use a soft cloth to rub it gently.
What Are The Benefits Of Upholstery Cleaning?
- Upholstery cleaning can effectively expand the life of your furniture.
- It is a safe and healthy procedure for both children and pets.
- By hiring professional furniture cleaners to take care of your upholstery, you will enjoy your fresh-looking and clean furniture for a longer time.
- A specialized upholstery cleaner like the previously mentioned service will use powerful hot water extraction whenever possible. This method offers the deepest form of cleaning. There are fabrics that may require a more delicate approach. This is why it is essential to have a professional look into the matter and recommend the most efficient solution.
Why Should You Hire Professional Furniture Cleaners?
- If you are having trouble getting rid of any of these stains, consider calling a professional cleaning service and let them use their specialized products and techniques. If you have any upholstered furniture, you are advised to have it professionally cleaned once every 12 to 24 months.
- Experts like the guys at NYC Steam Cleaning are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. They have earned Journeymen and Master Status certifications and they continuously enroll in constant training to keep up with the industry’s most advanced upholstery cleaning methods. Give them a call today and ask for a free estimate!