Wouldn’t it be great to be able to effectively repel nasty spells from your furniture while considerably simplifying the cleaning process? Good news, now you can! If you count among those people who experience frustration because they cannot find the perfect household cleaners, and they usually end up staining or further damaging their couches and furniture around the house, we also have excellent news for you. With the help of Scotchgard, a 3M creation, all of your dreams can finally come true – and all of your nightmares can vanish. Scotchgard Furniture Protection can become your number one cleaning aid. Upholstery, curtains, carpets, linens, pillows, and even clothes can now benefit from the remarkable effects of this product. Eager to learn more about how you can personally Scotchgard your couch? Keep reading!
What Is Scotchgard, Anyway?
Scotchgard is a spray-on type of treatment you can apply on your upholstery, clothes, curtains, and other similar items you may need to safeguard against staining and dirt. It will not leave the fabrics crunchy, but at the same time it will prevent spills from soaking in. The spray works by beading on top of the fabric and nothing else. Some cleaning companies like NYC Steam Cleaning have developed their own variants of the original products. For example, the custom made Scotchgard Solution developed by the guys at NYC Steam Cleaning is proven to maintain any space clean and comfortable at the same time.
Can You Personally Scotchgard A Sofa?
- Your first thought might be that scotchgarding is a complicated process that requires the skilled hands of professionals who know exactly what they are doing. It’s probably messy, expensive, and going to take a lot of time, no?
- Well, according to people who have already done it a few times, it would seem that things are not as dramatic as they sound. In fact, the procedure seems to be simpler, faster, and more affordable than you might imagine.
- But it will probably take a few tries to get there. So if you think you can arm yourself with enough patience to get started, you have no reason not to do it. Just keep in mind you will need approximately an hour’s time, and a handy tutorial you should be able to find online.
- Start by effectively protecting the surrounding non-fabric materials and make sure you will not accidentally spray on them. Immediately wipe out any spill.
- Shake the can and do a color test by spraying an inconspicuous area. See it get wet, then wipe it using a white cloth. If you notice any color rubbing off, avoid using the product.
- Next, hold the can upright 6’’ from the surface of the fabric your are interested in protecting. Overlap the spray with the help of slow and sweeping motions. It is advisable to apply two lighter coats instead of a single heavy one. Just make sure you let the coats dry in between applications. Keep in mind to apply the coat after cleaning a couch or a carpet, or make an annual habit out of using the Scotchgard.
What Can Pros Do For You?
- Provide you with professional, deep cleaning services for your floors, tile and grout, curtains and blinds, carpets, upholstery, area rugs, air ducts, and other areas of the house you may need help with.
- Offer emergency water restoration services in case of floods, broken or leaking pipes for homes or office spaces.
- Provide you with free assessments for the services you may hire, as well as periodical, pre-scheduled maintenance work.
- The NYC Steam Cleaning team also offers Scotchgard Application support. The experts here believe that Scotchgard is a highly efficient way of finishing off a thorough cleaning session. The main purpose of Scotchgarding is to maintain a space looking cleaner and fresher for a longer time. Since the main goal of a good and reliable cleaning service is to care about customer safety, the importance of good Scotchgard application becomes obvious. Besides, who doesn’t want to have their furniture and carpets looking and smelling fresh and clean for the next upcoming weeks, instead of days? Steam cleaning is one of the most effective cleaning methods currently used by eco-friendly cleaners. The difference between a dirty couch that has been recently steam cleaned is visible from a long distance. Being able to preserve this clean and lively look for a few weeks is therefore highly advantageous.
- Plus, staining is another annoying, and often times hard to deal with problems most homeowners or business managers confront with. No matter how much we’d try, coffee, ink, red wine, or food stains somehow end up on our beloved couches and carpets. Trying to handle a stain on our own might not always With the help of properly used Scotchgard Furniture Protection, we can successfully cut the damage, and even get rid of most stains without having to hire professional cleaners.
- It is recommended to use steam cleaning once or twice a year despite of having used Scotchgard applications. In some homes or commercial spaces, the foot traffic level is high and the amount of dirt, debris, dust, and other bacteria that could accumulate over time is exponentially greater.
- If you are not sure whether your space needs steam cleaning, you can hire some professional cleaners or give them a call and ask them for an opinion/a (preferably free) evaluation.
NYC Steam Cleaning is your go-to service in the New York area. Set up an appointment today for our couch cleaning services and Scotchgard your most beloved items with care and professionalism.