If you have ever worried about the chemicals being used when you have the pros come over to clean your carpet. You can stop because we use all green products that are safe for you and your family.
When it comes time to clean your carpets, there are a number of different methods to choose from – and contrary to popular belief, all carpet cleaners are not the same. Unlike organic carpet cleaning treatments, conventional carpet cleaning services use a variety of chemical cleansers that are harmful to our environment and even worse, our well-being. Since many of these cleaning agents give off harmful emissions which contaminate our air supply, they can also lead to health risks such as respiratory illness, eye, nose and throat complications, sinus conditions, and in extreme cases, nervous system impairment. Furthermore, if your home or office is not properly aired out afterwards, the lingering fumes can continue to trigger health risks long after your carpets have been treated.
Did You Know…
The following toxic chemicals are employed in traditional carpet-cleaning techniques and according to the EPA, should be avoided at all costs:
- Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether (EGBE): Also known as 2-Butoxyethanol, this dangerous chemical may lead to numerous health issues, including eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation, and even burns if handled improperly. Furthermore, EGBE emits poisonous fumes that may result in nervous system complications upon accidental inhalation or repeated exposure.
- Naphthalene: Also recognized as antimite or naphthalin, this lethal chemical is the bi-product of coal tar & is most commonly known as the key ingredient in mothballs. The EPA has determined Naphthalene extremely harmful to the central nervous system of humans and is a known carcinogen.
- Perchloroethylene (i.e.,“PERC”): This colorless, non-flammable liquid is utilized throughout the cleaning industry and may cause a variety of adverse side-effects, including dizziness, fatigue and even nausea if inhaled or accidentally consumed. According to the CDC (The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), this hazardous solvent has been linked to liver and kidney damage.
Unlike conventional carpet cleaning companies, NYC Steam Cleaning uses only 100% green carpet cleaning treatments, which are both environmentally friendly and safe for everyone in your home or office – including kids and household pets. Proudly serving New York, our family owned and operated business provides a complete array of natural carpet cleaning solutions for your residence or place of business. In addition to our friendly & knowledgeable staff and wide range of services, we’re also pleased to offer our customers the most competitive prices in the carpet cleaning industry.
New York’s #1 Organic Cleaner
Homeowners and businesses alike recognize the importance of clean surroundings: besides the obvious aesthetic benefits, maintaining a sanitary environment decreases the chance of air-borne allergens, dust and other contaminants that can lead to illness and health problems. However, as we’ve discussed earlier, there are many detrimental cleaning agents that can actually worsen the health of your building’s occupants. When you choose NYC Steam Cleaning, you can feel confident about your decision – we offer an all-natural alternative to carpet cleaning. In addition to sanitizing your carpets, we provide a deep yet thorough clean that won’t leave behind dangerous chemical fumes or residue, leaving your carpets refreshed and free of allergens and debris. Going green isn’t just a smart decision for our environment and our health, but a choice that will affect the future of our planet.
Our green line products:
- Prochem Axiom Clean Free Rinse
- Prochem Axiom Clean Pre‑Spray
- Prochem Axiom Clean Deodorizer
- Prochem Axiom Clean Spotter
- Benefect Impact™ Carpet & Fabric Cleaner
- Chemspec® One Earth Carpet Cleaner and Rinse
- Chemspec® One Earth Heavy Duty Cleaner/Degreaser
- Shaw Total Care “Green” Carpet STAIN & SOIL Remover Concentrate