Carpet Beetles Elimination
Residential & Commercial - Certified Technicians
You may not have noticed so far, but we are in fact surrounded by pesky beetles that enjoy eating things that we normally consider to be pretty or useful, such as trees or the plants in our gardens. But did you know there is a different species of beetles called Carpet Beetles? They have a particular taste for organic fibers. Which means they can easily eat carpets, hair, clothes, leather, flower pollen, lint, or furniture. And the list is not exhaustive. Can you imagine the kind of damage these creatures could cause to your property, should they somehow reach your home?
The bad news is that your might already have carpet beetles in your home, but you might not have noticed it so far. The good news is there are solutions to use in case you have already been invaded by carpet beetles. Below we are going to discuss a few efficient methods of eliminating carpet beetles once and for all.
How To Find Out If You Have Carpet Beetles
- There is not one, not two, but three different species of Carpet Beetles you will need to keep an eye on. You can start by accurately identifying the source letting all the beetles into your home.
- Do to that, search fir signs of fecal pellets and shed larva skin. It's gross, but it needs to be done so you can know for a fact where you are standing. You should also search for any visible holes in your fabrics around your home. Just like moths, Carpet Beetles also enjoy feeding in the dark, and they prefer basements, closets, the areas between walls and insulation, as well as your storage boxes. Which means when spring comes and you are ready to make the clothing switch in your closets, and maybe even replace your curtains and carpets, you might be in for the most unpleasant of surprises. Your beloved oriental carpet, part of your heirloom could be filled with small holes in it. The carpet beetles you had no idea even lived and bred in your home found your carpets the tastiest of meals.
- Take a look at the areas beneath your carpets and rugs, couches and furniture pieces.
- If you can confirm that your home has indeed been infested by carpet beetles, immediately pull out your vacuum cleaner.
Vacuuming Carpet Beetles
- Do it straight away and without any further delays. Suck the pesky beetles up and see that you also get rid of the larvae – they look like small, hairy caterpillars.
- The larvae are in fact the most harmful creatures to your precious fabrics. They need to eat a lot to grow, and your home is the best restaurant they could have asked for.
Use Hot Water To Wash Your Fabrics
- Use hot water and soap to properly eliminate all carpet beetles, along with their eggs and larvae. Keep in mind that the eggs of the carper beetles tend to be highly resilient. Also make sure you get everything washed up – maybe even consider using the pre-washer cycle on your washer.
- If dealing with carpets and area rugs that have been affected by everything. If you’re dealing with a rug or a carpet that has been contaminated by beetles, you are highly recommended to get in touch with a professional steam cleaner and let them come over and get the job done the right way. You can always head out to your local hardware store and look for an expert steam cleaner you can use, but chances are you will not be able to do a similarly good job.
Hire Expert Carpets Cleaners
- Services like NYC Steam Cleaning specialize in all types of problems associated to carpets and area rugs. Moths and carpet beetles count among them. And these fellows, who have been around for more than to decades can do their magic no matter what fabrics, colors, and weaves you might be talking about.
- They can use professional tools and solutions to rapidly eliminate all carpet beetles, along with their younger versions. They can rely on their advanced steam cleaning methods, as well as other caret treatments, if necessary.
- Nevertheless, NYC Steam Cleaning is known for its interest in eco-friendly services. So their first choice will be to use the power of steam treatments to eradicate all carpet beetles from your home, as well as dirt and bacteria embedded deep within the carpet fibers.
- NYC Steam Cleaning is also IICRC certified, which means they comply with all the rules defined by the the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries.
- Get in touch with them today and have them help you eliminate carpet beetles the fast and simple way! Get a quote from them today, and have them tell you more about their asthma and allergy friendly products, and the rest of the services they can provide to you.