Area Rug Cleaning Services
Residential & Commercial – Certified Technicians
Are your area rugs covered in dirt, unsightly pet stains, spots and spills? Have the colors and patterns lost their shine and beauty? Do you need some professional deep cleaning services from Oriental rugs cleaners NYC? We are here to assist you!
Area Rug Cleaning NYC Say Goodbye to Spots, Spills and Ground-in Dirt
The NYC Steam Cleaning team specializes in the entire array of oriental rug steam cleaning and pet stain removal services at affordable prices. Area rugs should not only be cleaned when they look dirty or they have a specific odor. Bacteria, dust mites, mold, allergens and various other microorganisms tend to get deeply embedded into the fibers of a rug that may look clean on the surface. Stepping on such a carpet several times a day automatically means sending all these germs out into the atmosphere, and from there into your lungs and on your skin, triggering asthma attacks, coughing, sneezing, skin rashes and other health problems. Regular vacuuming and over-the-counter carpet cleaners will do nothing more but get you rid of a small amount of this bacteria and dirt on a temporary basis, while forcing you to breathe in toxins from the cleaners. Also, improper area rug maintenance could cause your rugs to start looking dull, faded and eventually lose their appeal.
We have the right kind of experience needed to tackle all types of dry and liquid spills, nasty pet stains that tend to leave bad odors behind, as well as unaesthetic spots, dirt caused by heavy foot traffic and more. Get in touch with us now, schedule an appointment at a time that is most convenient to you and let the pros handle your precious Oriental area rugs.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Services We Offer
We specialize in cleaning dozens of different types of Oriental area rugs, ranging from silk rugs, Karastan, needlepoint, wool, killim, Chinese Art Deco, Persian, Flokati and more. We know lots of people own precious rugs that are part of a century-old family heirloom, which means replacement is often times impossible. Also, most of these carpets come at steep prices, so proper maintenance, cleaning and periodical repairs are mandatory for prolonging their life.
Our Oriental rugs cleaning NYC services address the needs of residential and commercial clients who need fast, reliable and affordable cleaning for their rugs. We provide the following services:
- eco-friendly steam cleaning services for area rugs
- gentle hand-washing
- deep shampoo procedures
- large industrial area rug machine washing
- pet stain removal services
- spot and spill removal
- non-toxic cleaning supplies and procedures
If you own a colorful area rug with a complex pattern made of a mix of sensitive fabrics, we can help you get rid of any dirt stains and spots, dust mites and other bacteria in the safest way possible, using advanced hot water extraction techniques that will cause no harm to you, your pets, plants or the environment. Give us a call if you cannot find the exact service you are looking for in the list above and we will gladly assist you. Our customer support team is friendly, well-trained and ready to answer all of your questions and concerns. We know Oriental area rugs are important home décor pieces to a home and we guarantee your will be 100% satisfied with our work. If, for any reason, you are not entirely happy with our services, we will come back and make sure to fix things.
The rugs we clean
We provide expert cleaning and repair services to all types of rugs:
- Oriental rugs
- Silk rugs
- Wool Rugs
- karastan rugs
- Killim rug
- Nantiue rug
- Flokati rug
- Persian rugs
- Chinese Art Deco Rug
- And more!
Eco-Friendly Oriental Rug Steam Cleaning Services
The toxic chemicals found in the great majority of carpet cleaners you can currently find on the market are likely to affect the fibers, color dyes, feel and smell of your carpets, while affecting your own health in a negative way. Our expert carpet cleaners only work with the safest environmentally-friendly cleaning supplies and steam procedures that incur zero risks on human and the planet. Hot water extraction is one of the least dangerous cleaning solutions you could opt for right now, and the NYC Steam Cleaning team is your go-to expert in town. Our IICRC-certified technicians will use hot and soft water extraction procedures they will carefully inject into the fibers of your area rugs. With the help of commercial-grade suction solutions, they will then proceed to remove the embedded dust mites, dirt and bacteria, together with up to 95% of all the moist and any cleaning products they might have used. Rated as the best area rug cleaning method by most cleaners in the industry, steam cleaning is definitely a service we recommend you try for your beloved carpeting.
Oriental Rug Pet Stain Removal Services
Pet stains are some of the most difficult types of staining to tackle, given the acid in them and the havoc it can wreak. Our pros can assess the problem and recommend the best stain-removal solutions for your exact type of Oriental rug. We will make sure to only use non-toxic, eco-friendly products so your furry friends can stay protected once your rugs are clean, shiny and smelling good once again. We will not only help you get rid of the pet stains, but also handle the bad odor and leave your carpets smelling fresh.
Affordable Oriental Rugs Cleaning Prices
We want to make our Oriental rugs cleaner NYC services as affordable and easily accessible as possible to people in the New York area. This is why we charge some of the most competitive prices and smallest fees in the city. We offer free price quotes by phone or online and we also provide our clients will complete on-site assessments with zero obligations.
If you think it is time you had your area rugs thoroughly cleaned by professional cleaners, you’ve reached the right place. First of all, we would like to make it clear that area rug cleaning is not a process that is solely required for aesthetic reasoning. Your health and the health and well-being of your family, pets, and other members of your household should represent your top priority in relation to the cleanliness of your area rugs. The simple fact that a rug might not look dirty to you does not mean that it requires zero cleaning efforts. Also, the fact that you do not have the time or energy to concern yourself with personally cleaning your carpets should never be used as an excuse to leave them unattended for weeks in a row. Moreover, when an area rug actually starts to look soiled, know it is most likely long overdue for professional care.
It is possible for improper area rug cleaning and care to cause physical damages that will require special repair services. If you are beginning to feel overwhelmed because of the amount of work you will need to put into having your area rugs cleaned and repaired, keep reading.
How Can Professional Rug Cleaners Help?
- For starters, it is imperative that you contact a 100% trustworthy service that does what it claims to do fast, hassle-free, with no intentional delays, and at affordable rates. Services like NYC Steam Cleaning have been successfully catering to the needs of the people of New York for more than two decades. They have built a strong and irrefutable reputation thanks to their high-quality services and reliability, expert cleaning methods and a desire to promote an eco-friendly cleaning trends. They therefore rely on environmental-friendly cleaning products that will not cause any harm to humans, pets, or plants, while prolonging the lifespan of your carpets and floors. Take a look at the detailed cleaning details you can find on their site if you are interested in other types of services.
- If you are not solely focused on area rug cleaning and repair, you should know they are fully trained in IICRC-approved carpet cleaning methods. This means they have gone through advanced and complete technical training courses and seminars. These classes have been especially designed to cater to the ever-changing needs of carpet cleaners and restoration experts who need to be able to perform faster and more effective jobs.
- The NYC Steam Cleaning technicians are therefore updated with the latest area rug cleaning and repair techniques.
- They rely on the hot water extraction technique, also referred to as steam cleaning. They can efficiently remove all signs of dirt, no matter how deeply it might have embedded in the rug’s fibers. And they will do it with the help of hot and soft water and expert cleaning solutions injected in the fibers. They will then use powerful suction techniques that will remove all dirt and allergens, as well as 95 percent of the moisture and the cleaning solution. The great majority of professional carpet manufacturers recommend this particular cleaning method as being the most effective.
The Art Of Cleaning And Repairing Area Rugs
- No matter what kind of an area rug you might have inside your home or office space, be it oriental, silk, antique, hand – and machine-made, you will want to the best results possible. Once the best cleaning and repair techniques suitable for a rug’s particular weave and fibers has been established, it is time for everything to be put into practice.
- If the worm or damaged ends of your area rug need re-fringing, this can ether be done manually, or by machine expert carpet cleaners and repairmen can also re-serge the sides of a rug similarly. A skilled carpet cleaning expert can also overcast the ends and thus more unraveling; they can also manually sew new fringes, or even re-wrap carpet edges that are too worn. This should not only accurately prevent more damage to the rugs, but also save important money on future repairs.
- Selvage wear, damage caused by moths or pets, stains and mold or mildew issues, pile wear and snags can all be addressed by expert carpet technicians.
- Padding and additional repairs can also be provided, in case of area rugs that have been cut or damaged by moths and other similar factors.
- You could also use a service like NYC Steam Cleaning to reduce the size of your area rugs if necessary, and breathe new life into your old carpets.
Get in touch with us today and let us assist you with any repair or cleaning need you might have for your area rugs inside the house or at the office. Our friendly and reliable customer service team will be ready to answer all of your questions.
Our Rug Cleaning Process
Our rug cleaning process is dependent upon your rug type and your desired level of cleaning/protection. That’s why we offer multiple rug cleaning services, from gentle hand-washing, to deep shampoo cleaning, to large industrial rug machine washing. We not only guarantee that our rug cleaning process will provide the most effective cleaning for your particular rug, but we can offer you different cleaning choices depending on your needs.
Rug Cleaning Prices
Rug cleaning prices vary as much as rug type, which makes estimating cost difficult. That’s why NYC Steam cleaning offers a free estimate by phone or a free on-site consultation. So, if you are uncertain about the level of cleaning you require, or what rug type you have, we will gladly schedule a same-day, obligation-free, on-site consultation.
Don’t be fooled by the various rug cleaning services that commonly advertise a price of 99¢ per square foot. This price only pays for a basic steam or basic shampoo cleaning that you could easily accomplish yourself at home. And, while we actually recommend and offer this price for basic throw rug cleaning, it is not suitable for quality rugs, such as oriental rugs.
If you decide it is time to hire a profession to thoroughly clean your rug, give us a call and ask about our service and get a free online quote.
Rug Cleaning Tips
Oriental rugs are preferred by many as they add a splash of color, elegance, and unique style to the design of a home. The style originates in countries like Iran, India, and China, and they are currently found in tens of thousands of homes around the globe. Since they come in an impressively large number of shapes and sizes, colors and textures, they can fulfill the needs of even the most pretentious of buyers. They can be made of wool, cotton, silk, and even synthetic materials. No matter what you might choose, you are prone to bring your home to life.
Nevertheless, like most rugs and carpets, oriental rugs will also eventually get dirty, suffer damages caused by pets, moths, or spills, and require cleaning and maintenance. However, with the help of the right cleaning techniques, you can keep your gorgeous rugs looking clean, fresh and vivid for a longer time. Here are a few of the most efficient oriental rug cleaning methods you could try on your own so you do not have to invest in new and expensive rugs anytime soon.
Use The Instructions On The Label
- Read the label on the oriental rug and pay attention to the cleaning instructions on it. Lift the corners of your rug so you can reveal the label and pay attention to silk, wool, and cotton rugs, as they may have special cleaning instructions and require a certain degree of finesse when cleaning. Oriental rugs made of cotton and wool are usually sturdier and easier to clean.
- Silk oriental rugs on the other hand should be cleaned by professional NYC rug cleaners as they are more sensitive.
Do You Have A Colorfast Oriental Rug?
- Do a test and find out if your carpet is colorfast. This means it will not bleed when wet. The label should read “dry clean only” for rugs that are not colorfast. However, the lack of this information on the label does not necessarily mean your rug is colorfast. You should have it tested by saturating a small corner of the carpet using room temperature water. Next, press on it using a white cloth. If you notice any traces of dye on the oriental rug, chances are the entire carpet will “bleed” if you will try to clean it yourself.
- If this is your case, consider doing some light cleaning that will not get your rug wet. Do not use chemical cleaners or you might risk completely ruining your carpet. You are highly advised to use professional carpet cleaners for carpets and rugs that are not colorfast. The NYC Steam Cleaning team specializes in all types of carpets, including oriental rugs. We provide our clients with a fully comprehensive list of carpet cleaning services, Persian rugs included.
- We rely on advanced, all-natural and harmless cleaning products that will help you get rid of dirt, dust, and the dreaded mites. We offer affordable soil and stain protection services, dry cleaning, allergy treatment, pet urine treatment, as well as moth and pet treatment, according to the client’s custom needs. We can help you breathe new life into your oriental rugs. All you need to do is pick up the phone and call 1-888-245-1199 today.
Vacuum Your Oriental Rug At Least Once A Week
- This should help lift recent debris and dirt and preserve its fresh and clean look and smell. Regular vacuuming can also stop the wool fibers from becoming packed down.
- Keep the vacuum cleaner away from antique or silk oriental rugs, as you will risk damaging them.
- Do not vacuum the fringes, but do try to vacuum both sides of the rug.
Pay Attention To Direct Sunlight!
Keep the rugs out of direct sunlight as they are more prone to sun damage. The colors will fade away faster. If you cannot find an alternative location for your Persian rugs, try to at least rotate them once every few weeks to have the colors fade evenly.
Immediately Attend Spills
Spot clean the rig as soon as you notice a new spill on it. If they dry off, it will be a lot more difficult to get the stain and smell out. Blot up the liquid using a paper towel or a clean rag. Then you need to dampen a rag and use cold water to blot the stain again. Avoid rubbing back and forth as you could rub the stain deeper into the rug. If you have old stains you cannot get out on your own, or you do not have the time or skill to clean your oriental rug on your own, let some pros handle it.
What Can We Do For You?
The NYC Steam Cleaning team can assist you with quick or deep oriental rug cleaning. If you do not have the time to vacuum both sides of your rug, sweep it clean or spray it with cold water using a garden hose, we can offer professional alternatives that will not require you to lift a single finger. We offer advanced steam cleaning for all types of rugs and we can help you get rid of nasty pet stains and odors, stubborn hair embedded in the fibers, and stains as old as your kids.
If your oriental rug has sentimental value, costs a lot, and is made of silk, it is best to have a professional rug cleaner handle it to avoid damage caused by harmful detergents and improper homemade cleaners. Get in touch with us today and let us take care of your precious oriental rugs in no time!
Can you steam clean an oriental rug?
Yes, most Oriental area rugs can be successfully cleaned with the help of steam or hot water extraction cleaning procedures. Our technicians will always perform a test on an inconspicuous surface of the rug and make sure to comply with the manufacturer’s cleaning and maintenance instructions.
Is my Oriental rug colorfast?
Use a hidden area on your rug and get it wet using water. Notice if the colors start to bleed. If this is the case, your rug is not colorfast. Carefully read the label and see if it reads “dry clean only”. This is another indicator that your carpet is not colorfast. If you cannot find any relevant information concerning this specific feature, do not automatically assume your rug will not bleed when washed. Instead, perform the previously mentioned test and make sure to use a white cloth and press it on the moist carpet surface. If any color dye gets transferred to the white cloth, it is not safe to personally machine or handwash your rug.
How often should I vacuum my Oriental rug?
We recommend that you vacuum your area rugs at least once a week so you can thoroughly remove fresh dust dirt and debris and keep the carpeting as clean looking and fresh smelling as possible. Vacuuming will also prevent any wool fibers from losing their natural shape.
Can I vacuum silk Oriental rugs?
If you own an area rug made of silk or a fringed carpet, steer clear from the vacuum cleaner or you will risk causing more damage.
How do I tackle a fresh spill?
The sooner you can attend a spill, the more likely you are to save your area rug from a nasty spot. Use a paper towel to blot up the liquid, then use a damp rang to blot the stain again. Never rub the spill back and forth or you will risk rubbing the stain deep into the fibers.
Can I keep my area rugs into direct sunlight?
Always avoid keeping your area rugs in direct sunlight, or the colors will fade away a lot faster. Instead, rotate tour carpets at least once a month.